Tips for a Quick Home Sale
Just because it is a Seller's Market, it doesn't mean you can be lazy when it comes to selling your home! There are many things you can do to convince buyers that yours is the home for them. We've put together a quick list to help your listing stand out from the rest, and encourage top dollar offers.
- Let the Light In (or turn them on)! Homes that offer plenty of light are more appealing to buyers, so make sure to open all the curtains and blinds and turn on any lights in dark rooms when preparing your home for a showing. If any room is lacking windows (think full basements) you can strategically place lamps or light sources to set a bright and cheery mood. Another tip? Ensure ALL light fixtures are working and have new light bulbs.
- Get Rid of the Clutter. A huge turn off for many home buyers is things packed into every nook and cranny possible. Consider renting a storage unit close by and store excess items, including oversized and bulky furniture. Removing clutter also makes a room feel larger. A pet peeve we hear often? Laundry baskets and clothes hampers. These are items EASILY removed to garages, basements, even closets.
- Invest in Good Quality Photography. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and first impressions are the most important. This is especially true when selling your home. Pandemic or not, people are seeing your home in pictures first, you're going to want it presented in the best way. Luckily for you, we offer the services of a photographer who will take excellent quality pictures for no extra charge.
- Have a 3D Tour Done. 3D (or Virtual) Tours are the BEST way for someone to really get a feel for the layout of your home. This is another service we offer, partnering with Matterport. Be sure to ask your Realtor® if this is right for your home.
- Stage Your Home. This is the single best advice we can give. Staging your home makes it show better, easier to take photos, and allows for an easy 3D tour experience.
- Spruce up the Entry. If your home has a main entrance, make sure to keep that clean and free of personal items. Place a bench with a bright throw pillow nearby to welcome buyers. Remove shoes, boots, and hanging jackets.
- Be Flexible With Showings. Once your home goes on the market, chances are the showing requests will soon follow. Be prepared at all times with a clean and clutter-free home, and try to accommodate the requests as best as possible. Let your Realtor® know you'd like 24 hours notice, this is always acceptable and allows you time to do a quick clean up.
- Set the Right Price. We can't stress this enough. And although there are more buyers right now, you still need to be careful and not overprice your home. Your Realtor® is there to guide you through this process by providing recent comparable sales in your neighborhood.
Ready to sell YOUR home? We have several award-winning agents and a full-service marketing team more than ready to help! Give us a call at 518-562-9999 to get started today!