Number of Homes for Sale is Down in SETX
This infographic is pretty convincing. If you are thinking about selling a home in Southeast Texas, don't wait.
The September Housing Report from the Beaumont Board of Realtors shows just how low the inventory of homes for sale is in Southeast Texas.
Active Listings are Down from last September
- Orange County Down 14.6%
- Hardin County Down 38.5%
- Beaumont Down 18.7%
- Jefferson County Down 25.1%
Southeast Texas Neighborhoods with Low Inventory
Where we really have a shortage of homes in Beaumont and Lumberton is in the under $300,000 price range. Homes in good condition in the Westend of Beaumont particularly in the school zones of Sallie Curtis and Regina Howell are in high demand. The same in true in Lumberton. There are available new construction homes and resale homes priced in the $400,000 and up range but most buyers don't want to spend that much on a home.
Here's a look at some popular Southeast Texas neighborhoods
- Stonegate, Lumberton 1 home for sale
- Boykin, Lumberton 0 homes for sale
- Grace Lake Estates, Lumberton 2 homes for sale
- Copper Point, Lumberton 5 homes for sale. All new construction.
- Barrington Heights, Beaumont 10 homes for sale. All above $350,000
- Westchase Village, Beaumont 2 homes for sale
- Fairfield, Beaumont 1 home for sale
- The Meadows, Beaumont 4 homes for sale
People don't always think the fall is a good time to sell a home but due to limited supply, this fall presents a real opportunity for anyone thinking of selling a home in Southeast Texas. If you would like to find out what your home would sell for in the current market, let's schedule a time to discuss your real estate dreams.
Diane McNelis, Coldwell Banker Southern Homes