Save The Date: Lone Hill Closure May 3rd-7th
This article was originally produced by the City of Glendora and published to patch.com on April 21, 2021.
FULL STREET CLOSURE: LONE HILL AVE. AT RAILROAD CROSSING MAY 3 - MAY 7, 2021
Crews will be working at the Lone Hill Ave. railroad crossing to reconstruct the underground utilities, communication lines, track drainage, and repave the work zones for new freight track installation. To perform this work, Lone Hill Ave. will be fully closed to all traffic for approximately 3 days between Auto Centre Dr. and Glendora Marketplace in the City of Glendora.
Beginning Monday, May 3rd at 7:00 PM and reopening to thru traffic Friday, May 7th, 2021 at 7:00 AM, Lone Hill Ave. at the railroad crossing between Auto Centre Dr. and Glendora Marketplace will be fully closed to all traffic (vehicular and pedestrian) 24 hours a day. Gladstone St. (south of the crossing) and Auto Centre Dr. (north of the crossing) will remain open and accessible by way of detour routes.
Crews plan to work multiple shifts, covering all 24 hours a day, during the closure period to complete the crossing reconstruction within the limited closure period (beginning 7:00 PM Monday and concluding at 7:00 AM Friday).
- Construction activities will take place at the railroad crossing on Lone Hill Ave. between Auto Centre Dr. and Glendora Marketplace.
- The red area in the map shows the work zones.The green arrows show the detour routes.
Lone Hill Ave. will be fully closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic at the railroad crossing.
Access to the Glendora Marketplace and the businesses on Lone Hill Ave. within the closure area north and south of the railroad crossing will be maintained at all times.
PLAN YOUR ROUTE AND BE PREPARED
- A detour route will be in place during the closure and signage will be posted to direct motorists and pedestrians. Please follow detour signs.
- Lone Hill Ave. will be fully closed to all traffic at the railroad crossing between Glendora Marketplace & Auto Centre Dr.
- San Dimas Ave. (northbound and southbound) will serve as the main detour route, see details below.
- Gladstone St. (eastbound and westbound) will remain open to all traffic.
- Auto Centre Dr. / Allen Ave. (eastbound and westbound) will remain open to all traffic.
NOTE TO RESIDENTS / BUSINESS OWNERS
Noise from construction equipment will be produced near the active work zones.
Bus stops may be temporarily relocated, for more information:
Foothill Transit Bus:
(800) RIDE-INFO/ (800) 743-3463 or foothilltransit.org
(323) GO-METRO/ (323) 466-3876 or www.metro.net
Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone.
Para información en español por favor llame o envíe un mensaje de texto a (626) 513-5788.
Project Construction Questions Hotline: (626) 513-5788
General Project Questions: (626) 471-9050
Stay ahead of construction, sign up for alerts: www.foothillgoldline.org
*Construction schedules are subject to change for various reasons, including, but not limited to, weather conditions and unforeseen delays.