Mary Kae Higgins
Associate Real Estate Broker
Mary Kae’s Video Profile
Mary Kae Higgins, Associate Broker CRS GRI SRES
About Mary Kae
- Due to the events of September 11, 2001, I was laid off from my VP position, in Cash Management Sales with the Bank of New York. The Bank suffered a tremendous financial loss and had a major layoff to reduce their expenses. Management implemented the LIFO method for employee reduction. I was the last one hired in the department, hence the first one to go. BONY stated the dismissal was not due to my performance; plus, the job market in the financial services marketing sector was weak due to Enron, WorldCom and Adelphi Communication. I decided to work for myself.
- I believe when God closes one door He opens another. I always wanted to get into real estate. However, I did not like the fact that I would get paid on the back end and 90 days later on any transaction that I put together. Becoming an independent agent was scary. However, March of 2002, I had some money saved; I took the risk. In May 2002, I became licensed agent and I got my first listing! I have been on a roll ever since. I have a passion for the business.
- Wise men say “Find out what you love and do it and prosperity will follow”. It is true!
- Senior Residential Specialist, I became a valued resource for consultation on selling the family home, buying property, age-appropriate financing, tax implications of real estate ownership and sale, as well as, estate planning.
- Graduate of Real Estate Institute, GRI
- Certified Buyer's Representative, CBR
- Senior Residential Specialist, SRES
- Certified Residential Specialist, CRS
- Certified Foreclosure & Short Sale Specialist
- Concierge Services
- First Time Buyers
- SRES: Senior Residential Specialist
- Who Are the Seniors Real Estate Specialists®? Seniors Real Estate Specialists® are REALTORS® qualified to address the needs of home buyers and sellers age 50+. The SRES® Council awards the SRES® Designation to those members who have successfully completed its education program. By earning the SRES® designation, your REALTOR® has demonstrated necessary knowledge and expertise to counsel clients age 50-plus through major financial and lifestyle transitions involved in relocating, refinancing, or selling the family home. Your REALTOR® has received special training, gets regular updates, and is prepared to offer the options and information needed in making life changing decisions
- Why Use SRES®? A Seniors Real Estate Specialist® is experienced and knowledgeable in meeting your specific needs. And that can make all the difference in the world. As we age, we demand specialists in our health needs, so why not in our housing and equity needs as well? An SRES brings: A customized approach to your situation; an SRES works with how your living situation fits into your overall plan. Expertise and patience without condescension. An awareness of options and solid, reliable referrals for specific situations to explore those options. A variety of choices to reduce out of pocket expenses, gain cash, or create or defer income streams to either stay independent or finance assistance.
- I love selling property!
- Produce specific measurable results!
- Full time Associate Broker with 14 years of experience!
- Successfully converted a rental building into a condo in 2010
- Achieved the status as one of top ten agents in NYS for Coldwell Banker over the last 4 years
- 100% Club 2004-2005
- President Club 2006
- Platinum Club 2007
- 2010 #1 AGENT for Coldwell Banker in NYS
- 2011 #2 AGENT for Coldwell Banker in NYS
- 2012 #3 AGENT for Coldwell Banker in NYS
- 2013 #4 AGENT FOR Coldwell Banker in NYS
- 2014 #6 AGENT in NYS for Coldwell Banker in NYS