Previews Property Specialist
- Member of Oakland Association of Realtors
- Member of National Association of Realtors
- Participant and donor-Habitat for Humanity
- Donor-Oral Lee Brown Foundation (foundation to provide college education to Oakland youth) and Family Violence Law Center
- Past member of Piedmont Asian American Club (PAAC)
- Past Vice-President of Moraga Asian American Club (MAAC)
- Past fundraiser for Rheem Elementary School (raised approximately $21,000 for school)
- I specialize in the Oakland, Piedmont, Lafayette, Moraga and Orinda communities
- "As you know, it is very difficult to compete for a home in the Bay area. Karen's local knowledge of the housing market, excellent advice, as well as her sensitivity to the type of home and location we were looking for helped tremendously...Karen is a consummate professional, despite the long hours into the evening and on weekends. It has been a pleasure to work with her." --Elizabeth G and Robert L
- "Throughout the entire process you were able to anticipate any potential issues and provide timely and relevant counsel to mitigate them. Ultimately, we felt that we had a partner who was willing to do the necessary work to ensure we had the home we always wanted. Karen, you exceeded all of our high expectations and we have recommended you to all our family and friends." --Steve and Teresa L
- " Over the past six years..Your informed perspective and honest feedback has proven invaluable. During the recent marketing of our home, we were impressed with your expertise and dedication on every level." Bill and Jodie C
- "During the last 18 months, it has been my pleasure to work with Mrs. Karen Lum as my Real Estate agent in the sale of our home for almost 60 years. She has not only been thoroughly knowledgeable and given careful advice based on my pre-described criteria and her years of experience in selling real estate in the Piedmont/Montclair area. She was extremely honest with making sure that my expectations were realistic_Thanks to her careful attention to details and her complete communication of what was the best process, our home sold for well over the anticipated price and with a minimum of hassle to us. We would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone looking to purchase or sell his or her home. _ Dr. Joseph R."
- "Karen sold our home record time (2 months from our first serious meeting at our house), with multiple offers. In getting us this stellar result, she was always a pleasure to work with_considerate and sensitive to our needs, while also moving things along to achieve our goal of a brisk pace for the sale of our home. Her excellent knowledge of the market, extensive contacts with local tradespeople and with other real estate professionals, and hard working habits made it possible for my family to achieve a great result. We also appreciated that she was always fun to talk to, and was upfront about things. We feel full confidence in Karen’s abilities & dedication, and we had a great experience working with her.- Joanne Y"
- Home buyers and sellers in today’s competitive market need as much an advantage as possible to get the desired results. As a second generation Realtor, Karen has seen how real estate practices have evolved with the increasing use of modern technology by consumers. Her approach blends the most effective use of traditional practices with social media, online marketing and research, SEO, email, and text communications to get the very best results for her buyers and sellers. Even with technology to help streamline the buying and selling process, Karen firmly believes it’s still a people-to-people business with each experience as unique as the home and people themselves. By carefully listening to and understanding her client’s real estate goals, Karen customizes a plan of action and communication style to her client’s preferences and busy lifestyle. She believes clients make better decisions when they understand the process and their options, and explains everything clearly and thorough
- Karen received her bachelor's degree in Linguistics from the University of California, Berkeley. Prior to her career in real estate, she took a hiatus from retail purchasing and management to raise her two sons. Re-entering the business world, Karen has used skills in fundraising, group management, communication, and organization honed through her involvement in school functions and parent organizations to build a successful real estate business.
- She has taken opportunities to further her skills by taking courses in advanced sales and negotiation through Sales Career Resources, Inc. Karen firmly believes that the best way to help her clients is to stay well informed in her industry and marketplace.
- Parents, brother, husband and I are all UC Berkeley graduates
- Bay Area native
- Enjoy participating in Habitat for Humanity builds
- Hobbies include: Cooking, gardening, ballroom dancing, wine tasting and traveling
- Top 100 in the SF Bay Area-2013
- International President's Circle-2013
- Five Star Professional recognition-Fewer than 2% of agents are selected for this distinction in SF Easy Bay Area-2012,2013,2014
- Ranked top 4% among agents in the San Francisco Bay Area-Coldwell Banker-2011
- Ranked #3 n Montclair/Piedmont office-2010
- Member of "International Sterling Society"-top 11% of CB sales associates-2007
- Member of "International Sterling Society"-top !2% of CB sales associates-2006
- Member of "International President's Circle"-top 7% of CB sales associates-2005
- Member of "International President's Circle"-top 9% of more than 120,000 sales associates-2004
- Previews Property Specialist-2004
Community information and market data Powered by Onboard Informatics. Copyright ©2015 Onboard Informatics. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
This information is provided for general informational purposes only and should not be relied on in making any home-buying decisions. School information does not guarantee enrollment. Contact a local real estate professional or the school district(s) for current information on schools. This information is not intended for use in determining a person's eligibility to attend a school or to use or benefit from other city, town or local services.