James "Jim" Baucom
James’s Video Profile
Jim Baucom http://www.coldwellbanker.com/servlet/AgentListing?action=detail&ComColdwellbankerDataAgent_id=15795
- Jim Baucom is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable realtors around. A 1976 graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Jim was born and raised in North Carolina, and has lived in Winston Salem for 30 years. He received his real estate license in 1989 and has been loyal to Coldwell Banker since 1992. A student of local history, Jim has a world of knowledge about the area. His down to earth approach makes the buying or selling experience a good one.
- This is a great area to call home. My wife of 30 years was born and raised here. Both my sons grew up here, one graduated from N.C. State in Raleigh, and the other graduated from Appalachian State in Boone. My wife graduated form UNC Greensboro, so the state universities are well represented !
- I strive to do my part for the community. Not for glory, but for the enjoyment of others, as well as my own. I have served numerous church positions, including trustees, elders and personnel. I have worked at Candle Tea at Old Salem over Christmas for perhaps 20 years. Thousands see it, and a lot of money is raised for local charity. If you are not familiar with it, just give me a call! I was involved with the Crosby Golf Tournament at Bermuda Run for it entire run of 17 years. A lot of fun and a lot of money raised for charity. I am a member of Wachovia Historical Society, Moravian Music Foundation, and the Board of Trustees of Old Salem, Inc. In addition, I was president of a local swimming club, and have been treasurer of a local high school band, as well as treasurer of two civic clubs. The point is not what I have done but that there are many rewarding opportunities available.
- Jim's primary practice would be in the middle to upper price ranges, but he has handled very high end, as well as starter and investor homes. He works well with young people, and has a wonderful way of working with seniors and retirees and downsizers. He has worked in a caring manner with people in all life situations.
- Certified Residential Specialist. The CRS designation is often considered the "dean" of professional designations, generally taking several years to complete.
- Graduate, Real Estate Institute. GRI. Requirements of almost 100 hours make this a designation held by a small percentage of Realtors. If an agent has a GRI or CRS you can be sure you are dealing with a qualified person.
- Numerous smaller designations. There are many smaller designations in all sorts of areas of expertise. I have many of them, some of which are important, some of no value.
- Relocation Credentials. I have numerous relo credentials, including "A Team" status and USAA.
- While agents will claim all areas are their expertise, few can back it up. I can truely say I have "been there, done that". From any type of new construction, to a pre civil war farm home, to a wonderful Buena Vista showplace, an Ardmore classic, to any new home or condo around a golf course community...I can help. Buildable land or lot, the list goes on and on. Lease purchase...done it.Tax free exchange...done it. Inspection issues...been there. Radon systems...done that. Structural letter...yep. There are war stories, and there are many happy endings!
- You will not find a more qualified Realtor than Jim Baucom. Listing and selling hundreds of homes, Jim has the experience. In an industry where agents come and go, change companies or change careers, it is refreshing to work with a solid established Realtor. Jim has the integrity to do right for his clients. Repeat business over the years has proved this as fact.
- I am not excited about awards. That sort of hype is really not my cup of tea. But as my mother once said, if you do not toot your own horn, no one else will toot it for you! So...over the years I have earned USAA top Block Service award, Outstanding performance award, Sterling Club, Sapphire Club, Million Dollar Club etc.
Community information and market data Powered by Onboard Informatics. Copyright ©2015 Onboard Informatics. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
This information is provided for general informational purposes only and should not be relied on in making any home-buying decisions. School information does not guarantee enrollment. Contact a local real estate professional or the school district(s) for current information on schools. This information is not intended for use in determining a person's eligibility to attend a school or to use or benefit from other city, town or local services.