Ways to Stage Your Home For Less
If you are ready to place your home on the market, you may already know that visual appeal can make a significant difference in the sales price. If you are on a budget and don’t want to hire a professional, there are some changes you can make on your own that will make a big impact.
- De-clutter; pack up extra “everything.” Remove anything you don’t absolutely need from every room, closet and cupboard. Keep in mind, a cluttered room or closet looks small and uninviting.
- Replace curtains, bedding and towels with light neutral colors to make the room look larger and bright
- Paint a room or two with modern colors; neutral colors are best.
- Store furniture to free up space and make a room look larger.
- Stage the kitchen with wine and fruit. Skip the fake table setting and create an image of an intimate meal with a nice bottle of wine.
The key to staging is to edit, edit, edit. A small investment in a few storage tubs filled with books, clothes, pictures and anything unnecessary will go a long way and very inexpensive.