Top Reasons Your House Expired
There’s nothing more discouraging than having your listing expire. You’ve gone to all the trouble of staging your home, spending weekends and evenings running out the door to accommodate last minute showings and have nothing to show for it.
The good news is there are real reasons why your home didn’t sell.
Understanding these reasons can help you do things differently when you relist.
- Condition – Most home buyers are able to see beyond slight imperfections, but it’s important to offer a clean, neat home free from chipping paint, clutter and debris.
- Price – One of the worst things a seller can do is “test the waters” and price too high. Many buyers will write off the home because they view you as unrealistic. After a listing has been on the market for a while, buyers then assume there is something wrong with the home, when in fact the sellers are just waiting for an offer
- Photographs – Most of today’s buyers start their home online. Which means, you must showcase your home through media first in order to entice the buyers to make an appointment. Professional photos are a must!
- Poor Exposure – Homes don’t sell themselves. Buyers need to be able to see the home. Make showings easy by using a lockbox and holding open houses.
- Wrong Agent – Not all agents are alike. Your listing agent needs to be actively involved in the sale of your home, not simply waiting for offers to land in their inbox.
Avoid the frustrating experience of having your home listing expire by understanding ahead of time the possible issues which can cause the listing to sit on the market. Knowing the possible pitfalls, reduces the chance of an expired listing and helps you sell your home for a great price and terrific terms.
If you need help, I am here! Just reach out and allow me to show you why my listing plan is the perfect one for you and your home sale!