Creating your own "She Shed"
Whats a she shed you might be thinking to yourself. Well, quite similar to a man cave a she shed is for the woman in your life. Here are 8 creative ways to turning that old shed in your backyard to an escape made just for you.
- Clean out your old backyard shed—or use a kit to build a new one: Creating a she shed is the perfect motivation for finally getting it done. Go through all those old garden tools and boxes, then donate what you don't need anymore and organize the rest for storage.
- Give your shed a fresh coat of paint - Taking your shed from ordinary to oh-so-cute starts with the exterior. Paint it a calming color like light blue, or a feminine shade of purple or light yellow, will instantly give it new life.
- Define the purpose of your shed - If you're not an avid crafter or gardener, your she shed can simply be used as a quaint place to hang out.
- Search flea markets and antique shops for unique finds - Decorating a she shed isn't about spending lots of money—it's about creating a space that feels relaxed and cozy. So look to flea markets and antique shops for unexpected finds.
- Surround yourself with nature - t's all about environment! Placing your shed in a secluded spot and surrounding it with grassy plants, vines, and window boxes full of flowers helps create a tranquil vibe, all the better for establishing a calm place to get some thinking done. Bring the garden inside as well, by decorating with plants, freshly picked flower arrangements, and plush pillows.
- Create an inviting entryway - You could also decorate the exterior with romantic outdoor curtains, white string lights, or hanging DIY lanterns
- Equip the space for entertaining - What better spot for girls' night than a she shed? To make sure everything you need for a fun night is handy, think about adding a mini fridge and stocking the shed with party essentials.
- Make sure your shed is a reflection of you - As your hobbies and aesthetics change, update your shed to reflect them—after all, it's your space! It should transform with you. And of course we can't forget the best tip of all: There are no rules when it comes to creating the perfect she shed—it's all about you being you.