My Credentials and Memberships
- CRS; Certified Residential Specialist designation in 2005. This is the absolute pinnacle of residential real estate education. 3% of all Realtors in the world (yes, we're global!) have taken the coursework, completed the transactions required and completed the continuing education to be a CRS. Of all the initials you may see, this is the single-most important one.
- CIPS is a Certified International Property Specialist and is actually a bit more difficult than CRS in that the coursework takes a student through geopolitics, monetary policy, real estate law (or a lack thereof) and customs from countries around the world. I am the ONLY Realtor in Central Iowa who has obtained this certification! This network brings me buyers, sellers and Realtors from all over the globe. And I do work a bit in Costa Rica, too.
- MBA, Drake University; best university in the US of A! Completed while on USAF active duty, 1996
My Community Involvement
- Musician at Hope Des Moines. I have been playing (bass) guitar at this church for 17 years and it is wonderful! Another way to serve, it slows me to impact people through music; I see folks smile and sing and it fills me up!
- Rotary Club of Des Moines: this club, one of the oldest in the US has a reputation for Community Service that fits right in my wheelhouse. Rotary is known for world-wide service, and it all starts right her e oil the Metro: I sit on the Community Service Committee where we make decisions and plan events to serve Des Moines area people. That and the fact that this club is full of leaders, makes me a better servant-leader, too.
- Meals on Wheels delivery dude. Simple: I pick up meals and deliver to the Des Moines area's clients. Another way to help my community and maybe make someone smile!