Recipe of the Month: October 2021
Does autumn get better than treating yourself to a warm apple pie while you're wrapped up in a sweater, watching the leaves fall in your backyard? We didn't think so! Don't forget to share your photos and tag us on social media!
Original Recipe: https://justcookwell.com/cinnamon-apple-cake/
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 large apple, peeled and chopped
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs and oil.
3. Add the cinnamon, white and brown sugars, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
4. Add the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder, and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
5. Fold in the apples and the nuts and pour batter into prepared pan.
6. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!