About Melanie Smith
- I have been in the real estate industry since 1990 – recently becoming a licensed agent in 2006. I hold the GRI designation – Graduate REALTOR Institute, ABR designation - Accredited Buyers Representative, and take continued education to keep myself up-to-date with the real estate market and trends.
- I grew up in Missour's Lake of the Ozarksi and graduated with an Associates degree in Business Mid-Management – my forte in advertising. My real estate interest began at an early age, helping my father design my bedroom of our new home. I've been employed as a real estate receptionist, then Realtors' Assistant for several years, completing all aspects of advertising, staging, marketing and office work.
- I have been married to my husband, Shannon, for 24 years. We have a daughter who is currently in Round Rock Schools. In addition to being familiar with the school system, I have been active with PTA and as a homeroom mother since my daughter’s pre-school days. Last, but not least, our family member Crystal, our 10 year-old yellow labrador.
- We have lived in the Austin area since 1991. I enjoy gardening, interior decorating and shopping throughout Texas’ quaint towns. I will gladly share my experiences with you on each activity. I am also actively involved with St. Philips Methodist Church and in the neighborhood where we live.
- Graduate, REALTOR Institute
- I have been licensed as a Texas REALTOR since November 2006 and have worked in real estate since 1990.
- I am skilled in advertising i.e. home highlight sheets, publications, farming.
- Knowledge of interior design i.e. furniture placement, staging homes, color.
- Organized and detailed.
- Service oriented. I’m passionate about real estate and love what I do!