I love what I do. The rush I get from helping sellers market their home and from helping buyers find the best place to live is amazing..
Contact Jay Haverty
Office: Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage Address: 1606 17Th Street Nw, Washington, DC 20009 Office Phone: (202) 387-6180 Mobile Phone: (703) 585-8691 Business: (703) 585-8691 Fax: (571) 312-0159 Email: JHaverty@cbmove.com
About Jay Haverty
- I am a Virginia native and moved to Arlington in 2001. I grew up working on a family farm, but my first paying job was working for family friends who owned the local real estate firm. So my first paying job at 13 was cutting grass, paining and weeding flower beds for homes that were up for sale. I never knew then that my life would come full circle and back to real estate.
- After college (Go Pirates (ECU) I wanted to stay in Greenville NC and extend what was, at the point, the best years of my life. I stayed and painted homes for a few years, then moved back home to Suffolk VA to work for a Norfolk-based international shipping agency as a ship's agent.
- In 2001, I was offered a job with an internet start up that crashed in late 2001. My life circled back and I became a Virginia real estate agent, months later I added my Washington DC license.
- After 14 years, I think I have enough experience under my belt to help you successfully buy or sell your next home now....
- Call me.
- 14 years with Coldwell Banker in Washington DC
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Specializing in Listings and Marketing
- CLIENT COMMENTS:
- - Jay was fabulous. He showed me exactly what I was looking for, and was very knowledgable and helpful in every aspect! I would recommend him to everyone and will definitely use him again in the future!! Thanks Jay!! BRIDGET K. ALGHRIM
- - Jay was outstanding to work with in every regard. He was very knowledgeable concerning the local real estate market, especially condos in the Northern Virginia. We will tell anyone who asks us about our purchase experience because Jay stayed in contact with us ever step of the way. ---- KEVIN & RENEE NAPIER
- - Jay helped us buy our house three years ago. Now he is helping us buy another house. We often think of him as a friend. Jay looks out for us, we put a contract on a piece of land and he did some research and advised us to pull back the offer because the land did not have water. Huge relief, we appreciate all he does and call him, "our trusted realtor." We know we will find the right house and when we do will be at ease knowing Jay is there for us once again. Thanks Jay. -- LT. CMDR. JAY MAIN and SUZANNE MAIN
- - I am no easy customer, and Jay did an outstanding job guiding me through the difficult process of buying my first home. I had an excellent experience using Jay as my agent. I started out looking at townhomes and eventually moved to a large single family home; I shopped in Arlington, Falls Church, Fairfax, Reston, Vienna, Great Falls and Sterling; I wanted a pool and then I didn't; I wanted gleaming hardwoods, but then I wanted a fixer-upper; I wanted big, I wanted small, I wanted a yard, but no maintenance; I wanted convenience and an easy commute and peace and quiet all at the same time. I made offers and was outbid; I encountered difficult sellers' agents; I was discouraged at points with a difficult market to navigate and predict. Eventually, with Jay's assistance, (somehow) I succesfully closed a short sale in just under three months from offer to closing - it would not have happened with an agent less focused. (Continued below)
- Through the entire process, Jay dealt with considerable indecision and wide-ranging needs on my part. He showed me approximately 25 properties, and was thorough, professional and courteous at each showing. He handled the sellers and their agents, the home inspector, and the closing attorney all with integrity and impressive industry knowledge. He was thoughtful and honest regarding affordability and practicality of the properties I was considering. He is friendly, personable and seemingly works around the clock, taking phone calls and answering emails at all hours of the day. I would not hesitate to recommend Jay to anyone, and beyond a doubt will use his services again the next time I buy or sell property. --- BRIAN DUGDALE
- - We bought our Arlington condo through Jay and asked him to help us sell it. Jay was wonderful to work with - extremely knowledgeable about the area and our building. He helped us "stage" it with our things, showed us comps and helped us price it correctly. Through his network we were able to get a few showings scheduled before it was officially on the market. We ended up selling for our asking price. Jay made the process easy - helping us understand our options and not pushing one way or the other. We continue to keep in touch with him and will absolutely use him in the future if we are in the DC/NoVA area. I would trust Jay to take care of anyone we recommended to him. --- ADAM MORGAN
- First Time Buyers
- Buyer Representative
- Luxury Properties
- Military Markets